2.11.2008

Baked Tortilla Chips

I wanted to make a snack on Sunday afternoon, but I wasn't sure what sounded good. I had always wanted to make my own tortilla chips, so I figured this was a good time to try them out. I used sea salt & chili powder to season them, but next I would love to try cinnamon & sugar for a sweet treat. I used flour tortillas for these, but intend on trying out corn tortillas next time for a more "authentic" tortilla chip. Super quick and easy, just make sure to watch them to make sure they don't start to burn!

Baked Tortilla Chips

4-6 flour tortillas
cooking spray
sea salt
chili powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Stack the tortillas one on top of the other, and cut them down the middle. Next, take the halves and cut them in half again. Cut remaining pieces into triangles. Arrange triangles on cookie sheet and season with salt & chili powder. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.

No comments: