2.15.2009

Doughnut Muffins

These muffins are very, very dangerous to have around. They may not be as good as an actual doughnut, but they come pretty darn close. I saw this recipe last week on the blog Sweet Cheeks in the Kitchen and I've been dreaming about them ever since.

I went a little heavy on the cinnamon sugar topping (key word: sprinkle), but otherwise I thought these were excellent muffins with that distinct doughnut flavor. I think I would probably bake them at a little bit lower temperature, as they were a little crispy by the time I took them out (and I took them out after about 17 - 18 minutes of baking.) I am trying to keep from eating anymore today, as I have already consumed 3. I will definitely put these in my favorites category - they are fantastic!

Doughnut Muffins
from Sweet Cheeks in the Kitchen,
Source: Marjorie Standish
Yield: One dozen medium sized muffins

1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar

Beat egg and then add oil and milk. Beat. Sift the dry ingredients. Add dry to wet and stir with forks. Pour into greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and dot with butter. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes (mine were definitely ready to come out around 17 minutes, but my oven tends to run hot, so just check on them around 15 minutes.)

Optional: Once the muffins came out of the oven I brushed each with melted butter then rolled completely in cinnamon and sugar.

4 comments:

Spryte said...

My daughter would LOVE these! She was bugging me for donuts the other day.

Nicholas Draney said...

These look soooooo tasty. Wish I could get one.

Annakate said...

Hi Julie -- these are making my mouth water! How amazing. I see you're quite the baker and wanted to give you a heads up about some cool digital tools from McCormick on decorating baked goods like cupcakes for spring celebrations. We've recently teamed up with decorating expert and author of "Hello, Cupcake!" Karen Tack to offer tips and videos for decorating that anyone can do with supplies they probably already have at home. Here's a link to the videos on youtube, and here's a link to the McCormick site if you'd like more information. Let me know if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/McCormickVideos
www.McCormick.com/Easter

Thanks,
Annakate
atefft@webershandwick.com

anjalimehtus said...


India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give cheap storage unitsdoor-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.